Pages

Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Go Running Today!

Finally, I have decided that I will leave the burdens of my laziness behind on the couch and head out for a run! Yes, today is the day when I am all set to hit the running tracks. I am all ready with my  pre-running checklist. I have a comfortable running attire ready. I got my running shoes cleaned up. I even got the Nike running app installed on my phone.  Lastly, I have an adrenaline pumping playlist ready. I located this new running trail right in front of my office. It goes all the way to the Bay. It s surrounded with fields and trees and lakes! Yes there is nothing to stop me today. 
Running apart from being the most popular cardiovascular workout is also the most underutilized stress buster. And guess what it is free! Apart from that it not only releases those happy hormones it also brings you in shape. Well of-course, you start running with a preset goal in mind like losing weight or strengthening your leg muscles to tone them. But, running contributes to the overall health in many ways.

Regular running has become a treatment option for doctors to prescribe to patients who are at a high risk, or early stages, of osteoporosis, diabetes, and hypertension. It reduces the risk of heart attacks, by strengthening the heart and lowering blood pressure. Running reduces the risk of stroke and breast cancer. 
Did you know that 50% of your lungs went unused when you do not work out. Running encourages the usage of those unused lungs making them healthier. Running also boost the immune system by creating a higher concentration of lymphocytes (white blood cells that attack disease).

And yes the very famous - runner's high! Running in beautiful scenic trails creates a release of endorphins that can cause euphoria (runner’s high) or just a general sense of happiness. If you are stuck with a problem what can be better than going for a long run for three hours to clear out your head and think of a solution to a problem. 

Not only does running help to tone you physically but it also trains you mentally. Reaching your mini-set goals when you are running teach you determination and focus. The determination and will you need to complete those long runs will train your mind to stronger and more focused.

So what are you waiting for? Take out those running shoes and hit your nearest park, gym or the streets. Will see you around running! Don't forget to waive back!

No comments:

Post a Comment